English homestays in Manchester are back in May 2022, following a long pandemic-enforced hiatus. It’s welcome news if you’ve been wanting to launch yourself in to immersion learning in the UK… but we’re not talking about just anywhere in the UK. “This is Manchester, we do things differently here.” (Tony Wilson)
Immersion learning is recognised as one of the most effective and quick ways to learn a new language. It figures when you think about temporarily living amongst the language you’re learning, in its native country.
Besides destinations like London, Cornwall, Brighton and Wales, English homestays in Manchester are especially popular. You can fly directly in to Manchester Airport without any onward journey. And, once you’re here, the possibilities are endless.
Let’s take a look at what English homestays in Manchester usually involve.
What do typical English homestays in Manchester look like?
English homestays in Manchester provide a unique experience that will live on in your heart and mind forever. But there’s a standard framework that homestays are designed around –
- A two-week stay with an English-speaking host family, including your own private bedroom and bathroom, breakfasts, evening meals and airport transfers.
- 12 hours of English lessons per week with fully qualified native English-speaking tutors.
- Group day excursions to local places of interest such as Liverpool, Chester, and central Manchester, accompanied by a tour guide to talk you through the fun facts and historical significance.
- Group meals out to sample local cuisine, such as fish and chips or a traditional afternoon tea.
- Weekends at leisure for chilling, exploring, shopping, watching football or catching a show at one of the city’s many live music venues and theatres.
At La Academia, we can’t wait to start welcoming homestay groups to Manchester again. It’s a fantastic opportunity to improve your English skills, authentically and at pace – not to mention that you’ll have the best time in our quirky and vibrant city.